The responsibilities of the Finance Department
are shared by the City Administrator and the City Clerk. The City Administrator's position reports to the Mayor and is the direct supervisor to the City Clerk, Public Works Director, Police Chief, Fire Chief and Building Official. City Administrator McDaniel guides the City through debt and investment management, budget compliance, banking issues, several Public Works contracts and State mandated record keeping, development and implementation of ordinances and resolutions, loans and grants available, and serves as a liaison to the Stampede and Colville Confederated Tribes, along with various community groups, and the countless other financial and administrative responsibilities required to keep the City operating.
City Clerk's major responsibilities to the City are;
1) consistent, competent assistance to the Mayor and City Administrator
2) monthly utility billing, receipting and reconciliation
3) monthly payroll processing and reconciliation
4) bi-monthly accounts payroll processing and reconciliation
5) safe keeping of City Council action and decisions through minutes,
ordinance, and resolution record keeping
6) Civil Service administration, testing and record keeping.
7) Planning Commission clerical support and record keeping.